- Gabe Nesbitt skatepark is open from 8am to 10pm. Loitering in the park
outside of open hours is prohibited. Skatepark will close if wet or raining.
- This park is designed for skateboards, scooters and inline skates only.
Bicycles and motorized vehicles are not allowed.
- No personal ramps or rails are allowed.
- Safety equipment is highly recommended, including helmets, kneepads,
elbow pads, wrist guards, and proper shoes.
- Adult supervision for skaters younger than 10 years old. Use at your own
risk. Know your abilities and skate within them. Be mindful of others.
- The use of wax is not allowed.
- Only one person per skateboard.
- Abide by the flow in open areas. Only one person on a (bowl) at a time.
- Alcohol, tobacco products and illegal substances are not allowed.
- Dispose of all trash properly. Please keep all food, drinks and glass out of
the skating area.
- Help keep your skatepark clean by using the trash cans.
- Competitive or demonstration events are not allowed without prior
approval of the McKinney Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department.
- Graffiti, tagging, littering, stickers or other items are not allowed in the
skate park. Graffiti/vandalism of the skate park will result in a minimum 48
hour facility closure.
- This facility is used by both experienced and inexperienced skaters. Serious
injury may result from being hit by a skateboard, falling or colliding. The
City does not assume responsibility for injuries—SKATING IS AT YOUR OWN
- Infractions of the above rules may result in loss of skating privileges.
- This is your park – Your help in preserving it will ensure you can use it for
years to come. To report damage call 972-547-7480
- For emergencies, call 911.
Ordinance No. 2013-04-036
TEXAS LAW (CHAPTER 75, CIVIL PRACTICE AND REMEDIES CODE) LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF A
GOVERNMENTAL UNIT FOR DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY FROM HOCKEY, IN-LINE HOCKEY,
SKATING, IN-LINE SKATING, ROLLER-SKATING, SKATEBOARDING, OR ROLLER-BLADING ON
PREMISES THAT THE GOVERNMENTAL UNIT OWNS, OPERATES, OR MAINTAINS FOR THAT PURPOSE.