The skatepark opened on Jan 31, 2008. Located in Tyson Park, near downtown Knoxville and the Universtiy of TN, the skatepark is a City of Knoxville and Knox County joint project. The skatepark Terrian consists of:
Plaza area: Banks, Ledges, Rails, Stairs, Jersey Barrier, Taco hip, and more.
Banked Bowl: 3'-4' round sections with spine, twinky, hips, and 5' bank bowl with square metal and rounded concrete lips.
Flow Bowl: 5'-8' sections with hips, corners, metal coping and a 3/4 pocket.
P-nut Pool: 6' shallow end, 10.5' deep end, 9.5' transitions, 1' vert, concrete pool coping.
THE PARK IS UNSUPERVISED, SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Please Read and Follow the Following Rules:
- Helmets are required and must be strapped.
- Elbow and kneepads are recommended.
- Skateboards, skates and BMX bikes only in the park. (BMX bikes must be equipped with skatepark friendly pegs. Plastic or PVC covers are suggested.)
- Avoid skating when the surface area is wet (rain, snow, etc.)
- NO alcohol, drugs, profanity or fighting.
- Scooters, mountain bikes and motorized devises are not permitted.
- Vandalism, including graffiti, stickers and tagging, is illegal. If this occurs it may require the park to be closed temporarily.
- Be courteous and respectful of others.
- No other items such as benches, table may be used as ramps or jumps in the skatepark.
- Events, lessons and other organized activities require written permission.
- Glass containers are prohibited in or near the skating surface.